Costa del Sol
The Costa del Sol is the coastline of Málaga province, stretching 150km it is one of Spain's most popular tourist destinations. The area's sunny climate is the main attraction. The coast comprises of a number of popular destinations.
If you've decided to buy a home on the Costa del Sol, but you're not quite sure where, our area guides are a great place to start. But if you have any questions regarding any of the regions, please dont hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help.
Logically, if you want to invest in a home abroad, on might think of several countries and locations. Of course it also depends on your preferences and how much you are willing to invest. But apart from that, what country is better to buy in?
It is not easy to compare the different countries, but we can tell you why we decided for Spain as our new home country:
- A wonderful Mediterranean climate with more than 300 sunny days per year.
- A fantastic and varied nature with mountains, valleys, tropical flowers, plants and trees.
- A very good educational system both in the national Spanish school system, and also international and Scandinavian schools as well as many universities with a very good reputation.
- A high standard of living, excellent service and a good economic development.
- A very efficient and high quality health care system.
- Stability of legislation.
- The travel from Scandinavia and Europe is not very long, and within Spain there is good accessibility to trains and buses.
- The locals are very friendly and welcoming to foreigners, the spaniards are a loving people.
- A whole lot of festivals, celebrations and other events throughout the year. A well developed recreational infrastructure for all ages.
- Fantastic dining, good and cheap food and wines.
- Spain has a rich historical and cultural heritage, and an abundance of monuments.
- Low property prices, the possibility of obtaining mortgage loans and there are low property taxes.
Why Costa del Sol?
So, if you have decided on Spain, which region should you choose?
Instead of criticising the neighbouring regions and provinces we want to emphasise what we think is especially positive about the Costa del Sol:
- The wonderful Mediterranean climate with more than 300 sunny days per year. The summers are not so hot as in the central regions, winter is not so cold as in the northern provinces.
- The only place you can see snow falls is in the mountains of Sierra Nevada which is an excellent ski resort. You can ski in the morning and 2 hours later you can swim in the Mediterranean sea.
- The mentality of the population in the whole Andalusia is very friendly and the way of thinking and perception of the world is very open. This will ensure you a great number of friends and excellent relations with your neighbours.
- There are no large industrial enterprises, the environment is beautiful with impressive mountains, wonderful beaches and tropical flowers, plants and trees, magnificent olive- and orange farms etc.
- You can engage in your favourite sports and outdoor activities all year round.
- There are exciting activities to do for all ages all over the region, there is always something to do and small authentic villages to explore.
- In contrast to for instance the Canary islands, the tourist season during the winter never stops, is not depend on weather conditions.
- To reach the rest of the country or the rest of Europe you do not need to use airplane or ferry, all European countries can be reached by car or by express train.
This is why we think that Costa del Sol is absolutely unique place for both recreation and residence. As an investment we are quite sure that we will see the greatest economic development in Andalucia, Costa del Sol, in the next years. These things are of course depending on your taste and personal preference.
Read more about the different areas and find out which area suits yoou and your family best, or just learn more about this fantastic country:
Mijas where you find amongst others La Cala, Riviera del Sol and Calahonda.
Marbella which is a big municipality where you will find Cabopino, Elvira, El Rosario, Marbella city, Puerto Banus, San Pedro and many other well known locations.
Inland are the vast areas of Costa del Sol that dont have a direct coastline. here you will find amongst others Alhaurín de la Torre, Alhaurín El Grande, Coín, Ojén, Monda, Istán and Gaucín.